[horde] IMP trying to expand all addresses?

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Fri Sep 9 08:52:41 PDT 2005

On Sep 9, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Jason Dixon wrote:

> When composing a message, IMP is reporting the following error upon
> submit:
>
> "There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient
> [someone at gmail.com]: Invalid response code received from server"
>
> This doesn't happen if it's an address inside our own mail domain.
> Any ideas?

I see that prefs.php has an auto_expand section, but it's set to 0:

// Should names in the compose window be expanded automagically?
$_prefs['auto_expand'] = array(
     'value' => 0,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Expand names in the compose window automatically in
the background?"));

Looking in templates/compose/compose.php, I found the following block
of code:

<?php if ($prefs->getValue('auto_expand')): ?>
<iframe id="autoexpand" name="autoexpand" style="width:0;height:
0;border-width:0" src="<?php echo Hor
de::applicationUrl('expand.php') ?>"></iframe>
<?php endif; ?>

So, it looks like that iframe tag should NOT be inserted into our
page since auto_expand is set to 0.  So why is it showing in our
compose window source anyways?

<iframe id="autoexpand" name="autoexpand" style="width:0;height:
0;border-width:0" src="/tools/imp/expand.php"></iframe>

I see other snippets from compose_expand.js and redirect.inc that
shouldn't be inserted into our output, but it is.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting