[horde] PHP CGI error

Ken Speich kspeich at bigfly.org
Wed Sep 21 06:06:29 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I've searched, and I couldn't find this on any of the archives.

When I install horde on my server, I get the following error in some
instances:

> Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=15) state=1 in
> /usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 3731
>
> Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in
> /usr/local/dh/cgi-system/php.cgi on line 3731

This is obviously a PHP error, and not specifically a horde error.  However,
when I spoke with my hosting company, they said that it appears that it was
something in the code that PHP saw as gibberish (It is either a carriage
return or a shift in, depending if PHP reports in decimal or octal.)

My question would be, how do I make it so that this special character is not
there.  Some of the places it is happenning:
    * Remote Servers (adding to the portal, inside of options)
    * User addition
    * Login Tasks (when I click the link to go into it)

There are others, but some stuff works.  The configuration section fully
works and generates a config.  I was able to add a group to the system.

Has anybody else run into this issue?  Is there a fix for it?

Thanks!

--Kenny