[horde] connecting to LDAP

Michael Eichenberger michael.eichenberger at stepping-stone.ch
Wed Sep 21 07:42:38 PDT 2005

Hi Silver

>And what did you mean by "making the Horde Preferences domain.tld
>independant"?

We're a small ISP using one instance Horde/IMP/Turba/passwd/vacation for
all our customers. Each customer has their own domain. For example:
example.ch
example.org
example.com

The log into Horde/IMP/Turba/passwd/vacation with their email address,
for example:
user at example.ch
user at example.org
user at example.com

Each "service" like mail, preferences, address book has got it's own
OpenLDAP SubTree:
Mail: ou=example.ch,ou=mail,ou=service,o=example,c=ch (Backend)
ou=example.ch,ou=mail,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
ou=example.org,ou=mail,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
ou=example.com,ou=mail,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
Horde Preferences: ou=webtop,ou=service,o=example,c=ch (Backend)
ou=example.ch,ou=webtop,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
ou=example.org,ou=webtop,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
ou=example.com,ou=webtop,ou=service,o=example,c=ch
etc

It's a fairly complicated setup, but has the advantage, that it scales
onto multiple OpenLDAP directory servers and only needs one Horde entity.

Regards, Michael

--
visit: http://www.stepping-stone.ch
e-mail: michael.eichenberger at stepping-stone.ch