[horde] connecting to LDAP

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Sep 21 16:12:20 PDT 2005

Quoting Silver Salonen <silver at ultrasoft.ee>:

> Hi Ben.
>
> On Wednesday 21 September 2005 17:20, Ben Chavet wrote:
>> > The only thing is that I suppose the users won't be very happy if they had
>> > log in with such a long username. Isn't it possible to parse username a
>> > little bit before sending it to LDAP?
>>
>> Instead of:
>>
>> $conf['auth']['params']['uid'] = 'mail';
>>
>> use
>>
>> $conf['auth']['params']['uid'] = 'uid';
>>
>> or, whatever field is storing the "short" username.
>
> I don't have the "short" username. The main username IS in attribute mail and
> is in form of user at domain. Why shouldn't I differentiate users by e-mail?

Silver,

All I'm sure of is that I haven't really understood what you are really
trying to do probably because I haven't the time go go through your
anwers again, but I'll make one more guess.  I am attaching a simple,
one line, quick and dirty hack that may do what you want.

  If you are using horde Auth.
  If the url for horde access ends in the email domain.
    For example to access your email, silver at ultrasoft.ee
    you go to http://whatever.ultrasoft.ee.
    The change expects you to login as silver and will add
    @ultrasoft.ee transparently before authentication.
    and change the substitute pattern from mail|correo to
    your third level domain prefix.

It is based on today's head version but I've used it for a long time
and should be trivial to find and substitute the one line in
/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Auth.php or wherever it is one your system.
With the changed line.

Good luck,

ed