[horde] [dev] move_history_out_of_datatree.php script stalls

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Sep 22 08:40:56 PDT 2005

Quoting Vilius ?umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> "Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer at iu13.org> ra??:
>
>> $all = $datatree->get(DATATREE_FORMAT_FLAT, DATATREE_ROOT, true);
>
> For me it hangs up on require_once HORDE_BASE . 'lib/base.php';
> statement. And nothing happends (i'm running it 6 hours already on
> 2xXeon machine and Ultra320 SCSI hard drivers with 4GB of RAM). Any
> ideas?

Well, I'm still waiting for mine to complete, and its been running over 24
hours.  And it is actually doing something - I just wasn't patient enough the
first 10 times or so that I ran it :)  Should finish up in a few hours.
Machine horsepower is not an issue, as both the web and database
servers are
dual or quad Xeons with ample RAM.  My thoughts are migrating the tables would
put me in a position where I either need to migrate a database snapshot and
lose a day's worth of history, or so, or have our entire site down while the
migration occurs.  I'm sure there's something that can be done to optimize it,
and since the sites that will likely need to migrate are potentially
sites with
large histories, this might become a big issue.  Interesting side-effect is
that what once was 160,000 datatree attributes looks like it will end up being
only 80,000 combined datatree attributes and histories.  So I don't know if
stuff got pruned or if there's a bug somewhere, and maybe it will all end up
running for 20 more hours and add up to the same amount in the end :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator