[horde] Horde admin, domxml, php 5.0.4, imp

Vince Turandot vince2048 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 12:26:05 PDT 2005

As someone else pointed out what I need is DOM, which
as Marc implied is part of XML support.

It turns out that Fedora Core 4 (FC4) ships with php 5
but php 5 does not include either XML or DOM.  This
was my problem.  It turns out that there is a php-xml
rpm that supplies both XML and DOM.

What I did was (probably as root):
$ yum install php-dom
$ service httpd restart

While this didn't install a php-dom rpm, it did
install a php-xml rpm which gave me the needed dom
support.  I am now successfully running horde/imp.

Here are the packages that I now have installed:

$ yum list installed php-*
Installed Packages
php.i386
php-imap.i386
php-ldap.i386
php-mysql.i386
php-pear.i386
php-xml.i386

There are other php-* packages out there which may
provide some of the other features that horde test
says that I don't have installed.  Since I have what I
need, I haven't investigated this further, but for the
record here is a list of them:

$ yum list available php-*
Available Packages
php-acid.noarch
php-adodb.noarch
php-bcmath.i386
php-dba.i386
php-devel.i386
php-eaccelerator.i386
php-eaccelerator-debuginfo.i386
php-gd.i386
php-jpgraph.noarch
php-jpgraph-docs.noarch
php-mbstring.i386
php-mmcache.i386
php-mmcache-debuginfo.i386
php-ncurses.i386php-odbc.i386
php-pear-excel.noarch
php-pear-ole.noarch
php-pecl-mailparse.i386
php-pecl-mailparse-debuginfo.i386
php-pecl-pdo.i386
php-pecl-pdo-devel.i386
php-pecl-pdo-sqlite.i386
php-pgsql.i386
php-rrdtool.i386
php-snmp.i386
php-soap.i386
php-xmlrpc.i386

--- Marc Fellman <marc.fellman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure jet because the server I was testing on
> is down at the
> moment but I think you should lookfor xml support in
> PHP5.
>
> 2005/9/6, Vince Turandot <vince2048 at yahoo.com>:
> > I'm trying to use Horde Administrator to configure
> > php.conf for IMP.  It says I need domxml but
> domxml is
> > not recommended for php 5.x.
> >
> > What should I do?
> >
> > Thanks,