[horde] help installing horde

Roy Miller denomale at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 2 21:01:24 PDT 2005

I think I've overlooked something, but am not sure what.

During setup:

I'm trying to install Horde 3.0.5, on a Suse 10.0 machine running apache2.
I'm also running php 4.4.0, mysql 4.1.13.

I did change the password in and run /horde/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql
file. I'm able to access mysql as the 'horde' user, and make modifications
to the database.

I ran the /horde/test.php and it reports yes to everything, except for the
"mime magic support (fileinfo): no" and "memory_limited disabled: no".
Additionally /horde/imp/test.php ; /horde/ingo/test.php and
horde/turba/test.php also return yes

I can use the web interface and goto administration -> setup where I have
happy green check marks with "application is ready" for all the installed
applications. [turba kronolith ingo horde imp mnemo nag chora].

The Problem:

So I click on Horde to configure it (administration -> setup -> horde), and
the configuration page loads. If I make a change and click "generate horde
configuration" the changes are not stored, they simply revert to their
original state.

Roy