[horde] Blank page after login

Peter Becker tera at teranus.de
Wed Oct 12 03:38:37 PDT 2005

Hello all.

I don't know what I should do.
I experieced since days on the system but I'm not able to get the
system work with the right behaviour.

When I open the sites for the first time, I'll be logged on as
"Administrator" automatically. I could make configs for the
applications without problems.
When I configured the authentication I must login to horde.

This authentication is working - when I enter a wrong password,
the login page is shown again and tells that the password is wrong.
When I login with the right password, there's only a blank page
shown. It's not realy blank - but nothing is displayed.
The authentication was successfull - says the horde3.log.

The "blank page" has the following source under IE6:
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

The "blank page" has the following source under Linux-Mozilla:

In my php.ini I have errors and notices activated:
error_reporting  =  E_ALL & E_NOTICE
display_errors = On

I use Horde under Debian Linux unstable release and installed the
apt-package. This is at the moment 3.0.5

I also wonder, why the horde on this system uses sessions.
When I logged on, I'll be redirected to
http://--hostname--/webmail/login.php?Horde=414364210529a92f585d4d2cbc57ae37
and this page is shown blank.
The session is created in the php-session directory.

I also have another server - and there it's working - but without sessions
or I only can't see them in the URL of the browser.
At both servers sessions are enabled in php.

I copied the config-dirs from the working server to the other -
without effect. So I'm at a loss with this problem.

Could anybody help me?
Do you need more informations about something?

Kind regards,
Peter