[horde] Admin -> Users section ... or other module ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Oct 13 21:10:47 PDT 2005

Going through and updating to the latest version, and am trying to make
use of the framework a bit more to centralize email admin ... things look
good, but there appears to be a "problem" that I'm not sure if I can work
around or not .. or if anyone else has experienced it ..

The problem is that there is a password hard coded into the config files
for the admin/quota sections for the IMAP server ... of course, from a
security perspective, having all domains using the same centralized
webmail using the same admin password could prove ... dangerous :)

Is there some way of having the system prompt for an admin passwd, if one
isn't already set, when entering an area like Admin->Users?  If passwd ==
'', prompt for one?

Also, is there a better module for administrative cyrus-imap mailboxes, or
one that someone is working on?

Thanks ...

----