[horde] Reset user prefs?

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Oct 14 08:10:44 PDT 2005

Quoting Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>:

> Is there any way to easily reset user preferences on a global or per-
> application basis?

This seems far too simple but hopefully this is what you want.  I do
global on my test instalation with

mysql [your_data_base_name <<%
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `horde_prefs`;
CREATE TABLE `horde_prefs` (
  `pref_uid` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',
  `pref_scope` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',
  `pref_name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `pref_value` longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`pref_uid`,`pref_scope`,`pref_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
%

Of course you may want to put the contents of the "here doc" in a file
[resetprefs.sql] and
mysql [your_data_base_name < resetprefs.sql

I have a file like that in my horde/scripts/sql folder.

I never do individual prefs resets.  Maybe I should. . . . .

ed