[horde] Major CVS changes

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Oct 18 06:34:41 PDT 2005

This is an important "heads up" for everybody working with or using CVS
versions of one of the released Horde modules. Sorry for the
cross-posting.

To prepare
1) x.1 releases of the stable applications (like Horde 3.1, IMP 4.1 etc) and
2) major changes in the development code of some applications
we merged the complete CVS HEAD (development) branch of Horde,
Framework, IMP, Turba, Ingo, Kronolith, Nag, and Mnemo to the CVS
FRAMEWORK_3 (stable) branch.

As as result HEAD and FRAMEWORK_3 are currently identical, but this
will change again pretty soon. This also means, that the code in the
FRAMEWORK_3 branch is no longer stable. The code will maturize while we
near the x.1 releases, but people who used to have a FRAMEWORK_3
checkout that they updated regularly, should be aware that their
checkout will most probably break with the next update. Of course you
are still encouraged to test the new code and help us making it stable,
but I'll send another message on this topic later.

Another result ot these changes is that the recently released versions
will most probably be the last of the x.0 series. The only exception is
Horde 3.0.6, which has the first release candidate out at the moment
and will be released as a final version within the next weeks. Another
exception would be any serious security issues detected before we
released the x.1 versions.

These exceptions will be developed in a new branch created as FRAMEWORK_3_0.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/