[horde] UTF-8 Charset problem in horde

Pol pol at techinfo.be
Wed Nov 16 03:21:34 PST 2005

Hello,

Where I work I decided to switch in utf-8 for a better compaptibility
between macintosh (classic and X), windows and linux and of course
accents(éàèïôû...).

I'm using gentoo and I followed the utf8 conversion tutorial
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml)

I have browsed the database of horde with phpmyadmin and saw that some
words where badly displayed.

You can see a screenshot of the browsing in phpmyadmin here:
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7809/snapshot307pe.png

Now see it in horde:
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/966/snapshot278ve.png

As you can see, I have created some categories with accents... it's well
displayed in horde but not in phpmyadmin.

This is my configuration file of phpmyadmin, I choose utf-8 as charset
like you can see it on line 431
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/hP2Zrh63.html

Mysql is also configured to use utf-8, this is the configuration
file /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/yAquGy13.html

You can see here a schema of the tables:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/HPLTST74.html

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, I just want accents to be well
diplayed in horde AND phpmyadmin.

>From where could that come ?

Thanks in advance.
--