[horde] UTF-8 Charset problem in horde

Pol pol at techinfo.be
Wed Nov 16 05:37:37 PST 2005

Le mercredi 16 novembre 2005 à 12:41 +0100, Jan Schneider a écrit :
> Zitat von Pol <pol at techinfo.be>:
>
> > Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, I just want accents to be well
> > diplayed in horde AND phpmyadmin.
>
> Then ask the phpMyAdmin guys, as Horde is obviously working fine with
> the UTF-8 code. Also note that there is much more involved than the
> phpMyAdmin configuration file. It's important which charset the table
> actually use, which charset has been configured in Horde, which charset
> is used in the browser etc.

I dont think that the phpmyadmin guys would help me on that...

It's either a bad encoding from horde into the database or a database
configuration.

To test that, I have used a utf-8 capable terminal to display data from
the database as you can see here:

mysql> SELECT * FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid="pol" AND
pref_scope="horde" AND pref_name="categories";
+----------+------------+------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| pref_uid | pref_scope | pref_name  | pref_value

+----------+------------+------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| pol      | horde      | categories | BERNARD|CONGES|Commande materiel|
ENSEMBLE|Interne|Programmation|Reparation|THIERRY|Travail en interne au
bureau|éà è       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Like you can see I still have errors in the displaying...

Where that come from ? Mysql or horde ?

Thanks Jan ...

--
 -Pol-