[horde] Horde 3.0.6 and last version of IMP Problems on install on, windows 2000 / XP over apache 2.0 and mysql 4.1 (Gustavo Demaria)

Chris Legaspi chris at koushin.com.ph
Mon Nov 21 17:05:06 PST 2005

Message: 1

>Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:14:45 -0300
>From: "Gustavo Demaria" <gmdemaria at datafull.com>
>Subject: [horde] Horde 3.0.6 and last version of IMP Problems on
>	install on	windows 2000 / XP over apache 2.0 and mysql 4.1
>To: horde at lists.horde.org

Mabuhay!

I have installed Horde on Windows 2000 Professional, with Apache 2, PHP
5 and MySQL 4.1. I also encountered the same problem with PHP and Pear
when I tried Horde for the first time. Horde will need a PHP with
Gettext support but you said that you have it enabled. If you restart
your apache server, does it says something like, "PHP Startup: Unable to
load dynamic library 'c:/php/ext\php_gettext.dll'..." You do not need to
recompile PHP in order to have it support Gettext. Open the php.ini
file, which is usually located on C:/winnt. Go to to the "Dynamic
extensions" section of the file and look for
";extension=php_gettext.dll". Delete the ";" before it. Check
"extension_dir = c:/php/ext" if it matches the directory where you saved
the PECL/PHP extension files/dll and also check that you have the
extension files you needed. Most of the other errors should be gone
after you have installed/configured PHP to support gettext. If you are
still getting problem with Pear, you may need to re-run the go-pear.bat
file to reinstall Pear.

Christopher Legaspi
Programmer
Koushin Mechatronics Manufacturing Philippines, Inc.
BICC-BrandRex Bldg., Along Argonaut Highway
Boton Area, Subic Bay Freeport Zone
2222 Philippines
+63472521593