[horde] weather.com and freebsd

Carlos Romualdo cromualdo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:16:42 PST 2005

Sorry for taking so long to respond but I had a serious problem to handle
due to power shortage and had to reinstall many things from the beginning.
Actually I updated php to version 4.4.1_2, pear to 1.4.4 and Horde to
version 3.0.7, all of these from freebsd ports. Everything seems to be
working fine except for weatherdotcom. With this new version of horde I get
log errors for missing pear packages and php.ini definitions, though I have
done all of the things asked for. Here's the log:

Nov 24 18:10:42 HORDE [error] [horde] The weather.com block will not work
without the PEARServices_Weather and Cache packages, and allow_url_fopen
enabled. Run pear install Services_Weather Cache, and ensure that
allow_url_fopen_wrappers is enabled in php.ini. [on line 8 of
"/usr/local/www/data-dist/horde/lib/Block/weatherdotcom.php"]

the only thing I do not find is the allow_url_fopen_wrappers expression in
php.ini. I added it but it produced no difference. Here's my pear package
list:

pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1 PEAR tar file management class
pear-Auth-1.2.3_1   PEAR class for creating an authentication system
pear-Auth_SASL-1.0.1_1 PEAR abstraction of various SASL mechanism responses
pear-Cache-1.5.4    PEAR framework for caching of arbitrary data
pear-Console_Getopt-1.2 PEAR command-line option parser
pear-Crypt_CHAP-1.0.0 PEAR class for generating CHAP packets
pear-DB-1.7.6,1     PEAR Database Abstraction Layer
pear-Date-1.4.3     PEAR Date and Time Zone Classes
pear-File-1.2.0,1   PEAR common file and directory routines
pear-File_Passwd-1.1.5 PEAR class to manipulate many kinds of password files
pear-HTTP_Request-1.2.4 PEAR classes providing an easy way to perform HTTP
requests
pear-Log-1.9.2      PEAR logging utilities
pear-Mail-1.1.6     PEAR class that provides multiple interfaces for sending
em
pear-Mail_Mime-1.3.1 PEAR classes to create and decode MIME messages
pear-Net_SMTP-1.2.6_1 PEAR class that provides an implementation of the SMTP
prot
pear-Net_Sieve-1.1.1 PEAR class to handle talking to timsieved
pear-Net_Socket-1.0.6 PEAR Network Socket Interface
pear-Net_URL-1.0.14 Easy parsing of URLs
pear-PEAR-1.4.4     PEAR Base System
pear-SOAP-0.9.1     PEAR SOAP Client/Server for PHP
pear-Services_Weather-1.3.2 PEAR interface to various online
weather-services
pear-Text_Figlet-0.8.1 Render text using FIGlet fonts
pear-XML_Parser-1.2.6 PEAR XML parsing class based on PHP's bundled expat
pear-XML_RPC-1.4.3  PHP implementation of the XML-RPC protocol
pear-XML_Serializer-0.16.0 PEAR Swiss-army knive for reading and writing XML
files
pear-XML_Util-1.1.0 PEAR XML utility class
php4-pear-4.4.1_1   PEAR framework for PHP

My test.php from horde shows no errors. Any suggestions that might help
figure out why the block doesn't detect correctly the PEAR packages
installed?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Romualdo