[horde] Kolab 2.1 multidomain password change patch

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Sun Nov 27 03:18:55 PST 2005

Jan Schneider ha scritto:

>Zitat von Fabio Pietrosanti <lists at pietrosanti.it>:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>with kolab 2.1 to full support the change of password for users of
>>primary and secondary domains those modification are needed.
>>
>>This fix apply either to Horde HEAD either to Horde STABLE removing
>>kolab passwd driver limitation that doesn't allow to change password on
>>secondary domain.
>>Auth::getAuth() return the username including the domain name allowing
>>password change.
>>
>>-- Passwd configuration
>>FILE: horde/passwd/config/conf.php
>>$conf['hooks']['default_username'] = true;
>>
>>-- Hooks Addendum: (inside the Kolab hooks)
>>FILE: horde/config/hooks.php
>>if (!function_exists('_passwd_hook_username')) {
>>   function _passwd_hook_username($userid)
>>   {
>>       return Auth::getAuth();
>>   }
>>}
>>if (!function_exists('_passwd_hook_default_username')) {
>>   function _passwd_hook_default_username($userid)
>>   {
>>       return Auth::getAuth();
>>   }
>>}
>>

>This is not necessary.
>

>>-- Kolab Driver FIX: REMOVE explicit issue regarding local maildomain
>>horde/passwd/lib/Driver/kolab.php
>>      // Make sure we're using the full user at domain format.
>>//        if (strstr('@', $username) === false) {
>>//           $username .= '@' .
>>$GLOBALS['conf']['kolab']['imap']['maildomain'];
>>//        }
>>

>Can you elaborate on this? Most of us don't use Kolab, so we have no
>idea what you're trying to achieve and how.

Kolab 2.0 doesn't support multidomain. There is only one email domain
supported which have to be specified in the configuration files.
Kolab 2.1 support multidomain.

The code for password changing was specifiing the "maildomain"
configuration parameter and in that way, all secondary/virtual domain's
users of kolab installation cannot change password.

Removing the code that "add" maildomain and making the $username to be
the value of  $username "Auth::getAuth();" (using the specified hook)
which include the domain name make it working.

$username in passwd module for kolab doesn't include by default the
domain name and a hook to Auth::getAuth() is needed .

I'm not absolutelly expert in php but horde is soo much modular to allow
me to debug and understand such situation :)

Fabio