[horde] Kolab 2.1 multidomain password change patch

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Mon Nov 28 06:03:44 PST 2005

Jan Schneider ha scritto:

>Zitat von Fabio Pietrosanti <lists at pietrosanti.it>:
>

>>Jan Schneider ha scritto:

>>>Can you elaborate on this? Most of us don't use Kolab, so we have no
>>>idea what you're trying to achieve and how.
>>>

>>Kolab 2.0 doesn't support multidomain. There is only one email domain
>>supported which have to be specified in the configuration files.
>>Kolab 2.1 support multidomain.
>>
>>The code for password changing was specifiing the "maildomain"
>>configuration parameter and in that way, all secondary/virtual domain's
>>users of kolab installation cannot change password.
>>
>>Removing the code that "add" maildomain and making the $username to be
>>the value of  $username "Auth::getAuth();" (using the specified hook)
>>which include the domain name make it working.
>>

>This only a single workaround for a symptom of a much broader problem:
>That Horde doesn't support Kolab 2.1 multidomains. "Fixing" Passwd this
>way doesn't get you anywhere.

Well... fixing in that way the passwd module allowed my multidomain
users to change password which is the functionality that passwd module
provide.
It's true that Horde doesn't fully support kolab in the groupware
functionality but basic, standard feature like:
- filtering management trough SIEVE
- password change trough passwd
- ldap addressbook trough turba
- email trough imp
- email folder sharing trough imp

work perfectly because are standard protocol (imap/sieve/ldap) and imho
should be considered supported.

The modules that use the Kolab 2 XML data format and that still need to
be supported are the one that provide specific groupware functionality:
- Kronolith for calendaring
- Turba for local addressbook (which store local addressbok in an imap
folder with kolab 2 xml data format)

I'm using Kolab primarly as an email platform because it really cut down
the system administrator cost of integrating, magaging, configuring
several piece of software to work togheter.
It include standard maintenance scripts for every piece of software it
use and it will also support in the near future automatic backup.

For the groupware functionality i'm still not using Kolab...

Fabio