[horde] Problem using poppassd as backend....

Suraj Jadhav sunracesuraj at rediffmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:43:13 PST 2005

Hello,

I have configured popassd and its working fine. I am able to change passwords from passwd/horde. There is problem here...if I am using a password which fits in requirements of popassd then the password change happens, if the password is not fitting in requirements of poppassd still horde/passwd says that password have been changed - but in fact the poppassd has denied password change saying following...Has any one seen anything like this or am I doing anything wrong? Is it possible to capture poppassd error and display it to the user?

When password change dose not work....

[root at weboffice tmp]# telnet 127.0.0.1 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
200 poppassd v1.8.5 hello, who are you?
user suraj
200 Your password please.
pass Worthatry3
200 Your new password please.
newpass letmein
500 PAM error: BAD PASSWORD: it is based on a dictionary word
500 Server error, password not changed
Connection closed by foreign host.

When password change works...

[root at weboffice tmp]# telnet 127.0.0.1 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
200 poppassd v1.8.5 hello, who are you?
user suraj
200 Your password please.