[horde] Installing IMP Breaks Horde

ken_faris@sbcglobal.net ken_faris at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 1 09:56:20 PST 2005

I may be doing something uncommon -- I am installing Horde and IMP on a
webhost where I have a shared hosting account instead of on my own server.
The host provider installed the missing required and reccommended modules
for me.  I was able to install Horde and it is now up and running -- I am
using MySql for almost all functions.  In the Authorization -- I have tried
MySql (works), IMAP (works), Let another application (seems to work--IMP).

After installing IMP and running test.php -- I was given 3 different config
options that would work.   I have modified the server.php to use IMAP server
settings.

Went to Horde administration and generated IMP configuration files

No matter which authorization method I use -- the sidebar in Horde is now
missing, I cannot get to IMP no matter what I try, I cannot even edit how
IMP looks from the options command -- it simply takes me to a blank screen.

I think that it is some sort of simple config issue -- or it is a conflict
due to using a shared hosting account (bluehost.com)where there is one main
domain and the other domains are treated as addons (not sub-domains).  I
must add that this particular host does offer Horde as one of their Webmail
options and it works for them.  We would just rather that this particular
website where we will use this installation of horde accesses only their own
mail and not be a part of the whole domain.

Thanks in advance,
Ken