[horde] Installing IMP Breaks Horde

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 1 10:09:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 11:56 -0600, ken_faris at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I may be doing something uncommon -- I am installing Horde and IMP on a
> webhost where I have a shared hosting account instead of on my own server.
> The host provider installed the missing required and reccommended modules
> for me.  I was able to install Horde and it is now up and running -- I am
> using MySql for almost all functions.  In the Authorization -- I have tried
> MySql (works), IMAP (works), Let another application (seems to work--IMP).
>
> After installing IMP and running test.php -- I was given 3 different config
> options that would work.   I have modified the server.php to use IMAP server
> settings.
>
> Went to Horde administration and generated IMP configuration files
>
> No matter which authorization method I use -- the sidebar in Horde is now
> missing, I cannot get to IMP no matter what I try, I cannot even edit how
> IMP looks from the options command -- it simply takes me to a blank screen.
>
> I think that it is some sort of simple config issue -- or it is a conflict
> due to using a shared hosting account (bluehost.com)where there is one main
> domain and the other domains are treated as addons (not sub-domains).  I
> must add that this particular host does offer Horde as one of their Webmail
> options and it works for them.  We would just rather that this particular
> website where we will use this installation of horde accesses only their own
> mail and not be a part of the whole domain.
----
seeing how any php 'upgrade' breaks the pear modules which always have
to be updated on the systems that I maintain, I would have to question
the feasibility of using in a shared hosting environment but with
respect to your question...

I had problems with the sidebar when the memory limit in php.ini was too
low...the default...

memory_limit = 8M
simply didn't work for

Craig