[horde] Horde 3.0.x & Windows IIS - Does it work?

Jason Panosh jcpanosh at tpg.com.au
Sat Dec 3 04:10:57 PST 2005

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can help with getting Horde to work on Windows 2003 Server?  The versions are: Horde 3.0.x, PHP 5.0.4, IIS 6.0.  Note, there are no modules loaded yet, I am just trying to administer the base Horde environment prior to installing IMP and Kronolith.  If I install IMP and run the horde/test.php, it seems to work just fine.  If I point my browser at horde/imp it just tells me the conf.php is not found, which I expect as I have not been able to get the Horde administration process to start.

Unfortunately, my environment is strictly controlled, so I do not have many options to change the Web server or OS of the system.

I have also tried all versions of Horde 3.0.x without success.  These are my experiences:

1) As per the INSTALL document I have copied all the *.dist files in the horde/config directory.  I have run horde/test.php and everything is green/yes except MCAL Support, LDAP Support and PostgreSSL Support.  As far as I can determine, these should not affect base administration of Horde, so correct me if I am wrong.  The Pear DB is version 1.7.6 which is indicated as a problem until I install Horde 3.0.3.

2) When I start Horde, instead of getting the administration screen as documented, I just get repeating frames of Page Not Found errors.  I understand this is a configuration issue, but I cannot find out where the configuration problem is.  So far my searching has not enlightened me.

3)  I changed the line $conf['menu']['always'] = true; and now I get a continuous stream of frames with a blue banner and under that Log Out.  If I click Log Out I get an error "Undefined index: log in horde\lib\horde.php on line 51.

If I manually alter the horde\config\conf.php and include sql authentication, I can get a login screen, but when I try to login, the screen just comes back again exactly the same.  Looking at the initial user.sql it looks like the user name shoudl be admin and the password should be admin (I think), but this does not work.

If anyone can shed light on whether Horde can work with the IIS6.0 and PHP5, and if so what might be missing in this configuration, that would be great.

Otherwise, I guess I will put Horde in the basket and concentrate on another solution.

Jason.