[horde] update question

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Dec 6 12:58:50 PST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Michael Cramer <MiCr1 at compuserve.de>:
>
>> hello,
>> if i update my horde installation only with diff files from one version to
>> the next one, how are translations handled? i noticed many times that the
>> po-files get updated, but waht happen to the mo-files?
>
> These are binary and can't be patched. Either don't use patches to
> update, or recreate the binary translations after updating.

When I'm patching to update, I first apply the diff file, then I grep it
for the word "binary".  Any binary files I grab from the full tar.gz file
and copy them into my installation.  It takes a little time, but one thing
I love about diff files is I can easily see exactly what changes have been
made to the code.  Also, a diff file doesn't overwrite any local changes
I've made.

 	Andy