[horde] weather.com block

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 10 21:30:18 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 20:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 20:44 -0600, ken_faris at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> >  ----
> > Indeed it has and in no case have I noticed that it has not solved anyone's
> > problem. It solved the problem for me in that the error reported to
> > /tmp/horde.log is gone but now the weather.com entry is gone from the
> > selectable list in the Block altogether.
> ---
> >
> > I went to the CVS repository and picked up the full copy of the latest
> > weatherdotcom.php file here --
> > http://cvs.horde.org/horde/lib/Block/weatherdotcom.php -- Now to tell you
> > the truth I still do not have it working but I can tell that it should --
> > everything it should do it does with the exception that I have some problems
> > with a PEAR Module somewhere.  The best I can tell you is this -- Go to
> > Pear.org -- look at the different modules; Services_Weather, XML_Serializer,
> > PEAR_Cache, etc...  All of these modules show that they have other
> > dependancies such as SOAP .86 and above, etc...  Check to make sure that you
> > have all the dependanceies for your required PEAR modules.  I hope that this
> > helps you or someone else trying to make it work.
> ----
> FWIW - I finally got it working.
>
> I patched a copy outside of the directory, copied the newly patched
> weatherdotcom.php into lib/Block and ended up closing all browser
> windows and connecting again. I don't know which technique was
> responsible (I suspect the latter) but the combination of both (plus the
> patch) seemed to fix it.

---
turned out it was the former and not the latter  ;-)  just
glimpsed /var/log/messages and duh...

Dec 10 20:37:45 srv1 kernel: audit(1134272265.967:0): avc:  denied
{ read } for  pid=15793 comm=httpd name=weatherdotcom.php dev=dm-0
ino=4473210 scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t tcontext=root:object_r:tmp_t
tclass=file

applying the patch within tree created an selinux issue which I didn't
detect because I was watching /tmp/horde.log but creating the patch file
and copying it in (overwriting the old) didn't suffer from the selinux
context issues.

thus a simple...
chcon -t httpd_sys_content_t /var/www/html/horde/ -R

would have handled it fine - reporting it here for anyone else who
follows in my stumbling footprints

Craig