[horde] weather.com block

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 10 19:59:08 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 20:44 -0600, ken_faris at sbcglobal.net wrote:
>  ----
> Indeed it has and in no case have I noticed that it has not solved anyone's
> problem. It solved the problem for me in that the error reported to
> /tmp/horde.log is gone but now the weather.com entry is gone from the
> selectable list in the Block altogether.
---

> I went to the CVS repository and picked up the full copy of the latest
> weatherdotcom.php file here --
> http://cvs.horde.org/horde/lib/Block/weatherdotcom.php -- Now to tell you
> the truth I still do not have it working but I can tell that it should --
> everything it should do it does with the exception that I have some problems
> with a PEAR Module somewhere.  The best I can tell you is this -- Go to
> Pear.org -- look at the different modules; Services_Weather, XML_Serializer,
> PEAR_Cache, etc...  All of these modules show that they have other
> dependancies such as SOAP .86 and above, etc...  Check to make sure that you
> have all the dependanceies for your required PEAR modules.  I hope that this
> helps you or someone else trying to make it work.
----
FWIW - I finally got it working.

I patched a copy outside of the directory, copied the newly patched
weatherdotcom.php into lib/Block and ended up closing all browser
windows and connecting again. I don't know which technique was
responsible (I suspect the latter) but the combination of both (plus the
patch) seemed to fix it.

Thanks

Craig