[horde] Horde Settings Path (Shared Host)

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Dec 13 06:09:26 PST 2005

Quoting Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com>:

> _____/ On Tue 13 Dec 2005 11:36:53 GMT, [eculp] wrote : \_____
>
>> Quoting Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com>:
>>
>>> Does anyone happen to know where the per user settings of Horde
>>> reside? I can't
>>> find them anywhere in the home directory even though I spent a very
>>> long time
>>> scanning every possible subdirectory. It is not mail I am after, but
>>> rather the
>>> filters, among other settings. In the past I lost  all settings when
>>> the host
>>> upgraded Horde. I want to at least keep a copy of the personalised
>>> settings, at
>>> least so that I can re-build them if necessary. On this RedHat
>>> server, I tried
>>> looking under /usr/share, but no luck either.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any ideas you may have,
>>>

>> Good morning, Roy.
>>
>> Have you checked your horde_prefs table in your horde preferences
>> backend that you probably defined in Administration -> setup -> horde
>> in the Preference System tab?  Maybe you haven't completed the set up
>> your new installation yet.
>>
>> ed
>
> Thanks for the prompt response, Ed. I have just taken an all-round all
> at Horde
> settings to no avail. Are you assuming that I installed Horde or have
> administrator privileges? I am not a Web host, but merely have a site hosted
> with cPanel front-end, which seems to include Horde by default. I was
> hoping to
> protect my settings so that they can fully be restored if/when my host
> reinstalls/upgrades Horde. I have accumulated many settings for over a year.
Roy,

I know nothing about cPanel but others here probably use it.  If your
provider is using one horde for all his clientes, I would hope that
when he upgrades horde that he will keep the prefs backend.  If you
have your own installation of horde included in hosting, you would want
to backup your backends before the upgrade. Have you discussed this
with your provider?

Good luck,

ed