[horde] Horde Settings Path (Shared Host)

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Tue Dec 13 08:16:09 PST 2005

_____/ On Tue 13 Dec 2005 14:09:26 GMT, [eculp] wrote : \_____

> Quoting Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com>:
>
>> _____/ On Tue 13 Dec 2005 11:36:53 GMT, [eculp] wrote : \_____

>>> Good morning, Roy.
>>>
>>> Have you checked your horde_prefs table in your horde preferences
>>> backend that you probably defined in Administration -> setup -> horde
>>> in the Preference System tab?  Maybe you haven't completed the set up
>>> your new installation yet.
>>>
>>> ed
>>
>> Thanks for the prompt response, Ed. I have just taken an all-round all
>> at Horde
>> settings to no avail. Are you assuming that I installed Horde or have
>> administrator privileges? I am not a Web host, but merely have a site hosted
>> with cPanel front-end, which seems to include Horde by default. I was
>> hoping to
>> protect my settings so that they can fully be restored if/when my host
>> reinstalls/upgrades Horde. I have accumulated many settings for over a year.
> Roy,
>
> I know nothing about cPanel but others here probably use it.  If your
> provider is using one horde for all his clientes, I would hope that
> when he upgrades horde that he will keep the prefs backend.  If you
> have your own installation of horde included in hosting, you would want
> to backup your backends before the upgrade. Have you discussed this
> with your provider?
>
> Good luck,
>
> ed

Thanks, Ed. I will stress that point to my host before upgrades.

The  last upgrade was quite a major one in terms of the functionality as I
perceive it. I never kept track of version numbers, but the navigation bar
on  the left, among other nice features, made a tremendous difference  and
made  Horde  a powerful tool. It is only the volatility of  many  settings
that scares me.

Roy