[horde] Horde Setup - not saving changes during setup

McCullough, Ryan rmccullough at rightnow.com
Wed Dec 14 09:48:12 PST 2005

I did try to find an answer before sending a message to the email list. I
searched for 3 hours in the email archives and couldn’t find an answer, so I
joined the mailing list hoping I could get some help.

I am having trouble setting up horde. This is the behavior:

Ive got horde untar/gunzip into my htdocs directory. The horde directory is
chown -R to apache:apache which my httpd process is running as. I have
attached my test.php page output. I have created the DB using the
create.mysql.sql script.

1. I open my browser to http://<webserver>/horde
2. expand administration menu on the left with the +
3. select setup
4. I get "Horde (horde) 3.0.8" with a status of "No version found in your
configuration. Regenerate configuration."
5. Click on "Horde (horde) 3.0.8"
6. select the authentication tab
7. change the backend for authenticating to horde to "IMAP authentication"

>From what I understand, after this selection is made the page is supposed to
dynamically redraw with some options specifically for IMAP. What happens is
I have 3 fields on the auth tab. The input box for administrators, ip
validate checkbox, and the horde authentication popuplist. The popuplist is
set to "Let a Horde application handle authentication".

If I try to save the config I get a message that I have not made selections
for required options.

Also, I put the IMP package in my horde directory and ran the test.php. I
used that page to test a connection to my IMAP server and I was successfully
able to connect. So I don’t think the IMAP server is the problem.

Again, I don’t believe its permissions since the horder directory is owned
recursively by the httpd process owner(apache).

I would greatly appreciate any help or someone pointing me to an FAQ item
that answers my problem.

             \\ \|/ //
             \\ _|_ //
              ( o o )