[horde] Problems: Only variable references...

Fabio fabiodealmeida at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:22:55 PST 2005

matej escreveu:

>Hello!
>

>Before i have Horde V3.0.8 and now i clean install new release Horde
>3.0.9. But i have the same error:
>
>Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
>/disk/www/3dvizija/horde/lib/Horde/Perms.php on line 341
>
>Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
>/disk/www/3dvizija/horde/lib/Horde/Auth.php on line 1168
>
>Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
>(output started at /disk/www/3dvizija/horde/lib/Horde/Perms.php:341) in
>/disk/www/3dvizija/horde/index.php on line 51
>

>What must I do, to fix an error?

Quick and dirty: open the file mentioned, for example Perms.php. Go to
line 341 and search for an "&$" symbol. It should read something like
this: &$something=something.  To fix it, remove the "&" and leave the
"$". That is: $something=something.

This is NOT a final solution, nor it's the best one. I didn't notice any
difference (except for the error messages being gone), but it might even
break the code. As I said, it's a quick and dirty workaround for
emergency fixes only.