[horde] (no subject)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 2 16:26:53 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 18:56 -0500, fabeddie at webhostingexperience.com
wrote:
> Hello to the list,
> I am a small webmaster.....purchasing server space from a middle sized
> company.
> I have many sites that I host that love Horde.....including myself.
> The problem is that one of the servers went down and had to be restored
> via backup.
> Well, the story is this.....The tech at the server is telling me for
> several months that they can not get Horde back up and running....even
> though they have re-installed and done all in their power to get it back
> on line. I find this a tough thing to believe, so I am taking the time to
> try and find out myself what has occurred. Several of my clients much
> prefer Horde to the other web based servers we have available.
> If you have some answers to this question....please post them or e-mail me
> at: fabeddie at webhostingexperience.com
> The tech's address is:
> zack at cheaphosting.com
>
> I believe this to be an important situation to the Horde Org group because
> there may be a lack of technical support ...Zack has told me several times
> he is at the mercy of  horde.org
----
Ed - horde works fine. There are hundreds if not thousands of working
installations on all sorts of hardware/operating system combinations.

It is an open source project and thus it is up to the system
administrator to make it work. You haven't asked a question that any
attempt to answer might be helpful.

If you (or your server space provider) wishes to obtain paid support
help, the following URL from horde.org web site suggests that it is
available...
http://www.horde.org/consulting/certified.php

Craig