[horde] Setting mail server in shared environment ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Jan 4 21:29:25 PST 2006

I'm setting up a clean install of horde, and would like to suggest a
change to the configuration procedures that I'm not sure if can be done,
but ... well, can't hurt to suggest ...

In our configuration, each of our clients has their own mail server, its
not one big shared one ... so, we have our mailer configured as:

$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'mail.' . preg_replace('|^webmail\.|i', '', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);

So that each client connecting is configured for their individual domain,
but without having multiple copies installed ...

After I made this change to conf.php (after configuration through the
GUI), and went back to the GUI, the setting is now set to:

 		mail.wm2.hub.org

Which, if I saved that, would, of course, break everything ...

If there is a way, having some way of giving an option for the 'The Server
to Connect To" option be a select box with two choices:

       Derive from web URL (similar to above)
       Hardcode Hostname

Just wish list ... if nothing else, might help others setting things up
in a shared environment ...L

----