[horde] Setting mail server in shared environment ...

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Jan 5 09:01:15 PST 2006

Quoting "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org>:

> I'm setting up a clean install of horde, and would like to suggest a
> change to the configuration procedures that I'm not sure if can be done,
> but ... well, can't hurt to suggest ...
>
> In our configuration, each of our clients has their own mail server, its
> not one big shared one ... so, we have our mailer configured as:
>
> $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'mail.' .
> preg_replace('|^webmail\.|i', '', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);
>
> So that each client connecting is configured for their individual domain,
> but without having multiple copies installed ...
>
> After I made this change to conf.php (after configuration through the
> GUI), and went back to the GUI, the setting is now set to:
>
> 		mail.wm2.hub.org
>
> Which, if I saved that, would, of course, break everything ...
>
> If there is a way, having some way of giving an option for the 'The Server
> to Connect To" option be a select box with two choices:
>
>       Derive from web URL (similar to above)
>       Hardcode Hostname
>
> Just wish list ... if nothing else, might help others setting things up
> in a shared environment ...L

Marc,

Have you tried manually adding the configuration line after the last
line in conf.php?  I have  all my variables that are dependent on
apache, etc. there.   Something like:

/* CONFIG END. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR BEFORE THIS LINE. */
  $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'mail.' . \
  preg_replace('|^webmail\.|i', '', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);

I do this to keep my virtual domains as independent as possible with a
single instance of horde.  I hope this works for you.

ed