[horde] Changing login-name before authentication

Dengel Harald h_dengel at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 02:38:41 PST 2006

Hello,

My configuration: horde 3.1.RC1 with  imp, kronolith, turba and nag.
Authentication is performed by imp over an imap-server. The imap-server
accepts only a kind of cryptic login-name (e.g. m1423565-6).

My problem and intention is, how to accomplish

that users can login with a user-friendly login-name (a kind of alias)
to convert this into the necessary form (m1423565-6)

I have already created a table with the original (imap-) usernames and the
corresponding (user-friendly) aliases, but my problem is, that I don’t know,
how and where to place the converting-instructions, to convert the
login-name before authentication is performed.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl