[horde] blank page on test.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 10 12:00:36 PST 2006

I just now installed the FRAMEWORK_3 version of Horde.  test.php failed
to produce any output.  Having heard this before, I thought I'd report
why.

I traced it down to failing at line 238 of test.php:

 $pear_output = $horde_test->PEARModuleCheck($pear_list);

So I looked at lib/Test.php and inserted a "var_dump($val)" at line 299.
This told me the problem was with XML/Serializer.  So I tried to update
XML/Serializer (needs "beta" state set) which failed as needing XML/Util.
So I installed XML/Util (beta) and updated XML/Serializer, and now test.php
works fine.

Not sure how/what was out of whack where, but the above is what I found
and how I fixed it...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics