[horde] Newbie: Horde Issue with IMAP-SSL

Ross Niemi ross_niemi at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:21:03 PST 2006

Hi

I'm trying to get horde installed on my SuSE 9.3 server with no success.
   I have postfix, courier-imap, and courier-imap-ssl installed and
running.  I'm able to connect over IMAP/SSL using Thunderbird to try and
prove that my problem is not system related.

I have tried the following tests with both the 3.0.9 stable and the
3.1-rc2 distributions.  I've tried logging on with my name as well as
name at domain.

When I tried configurating the Authorization tab (after configuring the
database tab), I selected IMAP Authentication and following the
directions in the install documentation to the letter.  After generating
my configuration file, I reconnected to the login page.  When I tried
logging in, I get an error in the browser about my credentials. In my
horde.log I see a FAILED LOGIN error.

As an alternative, I tried authenticating against the passwd file, but
this time when the browser refreshes, I see the login screen, but do not
see the error box.

As another alternative, I installed IMP as well and had horde delegate
to IMP for authentication.  I configured IMP so that I may provide all
the connection info for the IMAP server for the IMP logon screen.  After
trying to login, I would get a login failed error.  Upon looking at my
horde.log file, I find a FAILED LOGIN for IMP now.

Thoughts?

-- Ross