[horde] rotten PEAR

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Feb 4 05:36:32 PST 2006

Quoting Bob Ababurko <bob at webstakez.com>:

> Hello all-
>
> First post to the list.....It seems that I am having trouble with a pear
> modules.  When I load the test.php page, it is showing that certain
> modules are not installed when they are indeed installed and actually
> have even been upgraded.  Ahh, well this may very well be were the
> problem is....I installed some of the pear modules via the FreeBSD
> ports.  It seems as though the modules I install with the pear command
> line utility are not being accessed.
> I went and deleted all of my freebsd packages(of the PEAR variety) and
> installed PEAR from the pear site and the test.php shows that I do not
> have PEAR installed.  What gives?
At the begining of the Pear test you see something like:
PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):  .:/usr/local/share/pear
If you list this path, do you find pear?

Does the command:
# pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package              Version  State
Archive_Tar          1.3.1    stable
Auth_SASL            1.0.1    stable
Cache                1.5.5RC4 beta
Config               1.10.5   stable
<cut>

show something like the above that I edited for brevity?

An updated freebsd ports tree installs the pear command in
/usr/local/bin and you will use it to install the pear modules you
need. Something like

# pear install Cache

to install the pear cache package. Just typing pear on the command line
display the available options.  You will also find the default
include_path to now be /usr/local/share/pear.  The the pear version in
the latest ports tree is 1.46,

Hopefully this will you in your pear installation process.

ed

P.S. You can also use the ports tree to install your pear modules but
I've found it easier to keep them up to data by using and scripting the
pear command.