[horde] You need the domxml PHP extension

Mark Worsdall horde at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 14:52:18 PST 2006

Hi,

I am now setting up horde3 for people in signature after raving about
how good it is on FreeBSD for our staff/students. However they use a
debian box:-(

Firstly I am worried about how out of date these packages are even
though I think the package manager is upto date.

sudo dpkg -l horde3 imp4 turba2 ingo1

||/ Name      Version         Description
+++-========-=============-==============================================
===
ii  horde3   3.0.4-4sarge2 horde web application framework
ii  imp4     4.0.2-2       webmail component for horde framework
ii  turba2   2.0.2-1       contact management component for horde fra
ii  ingo1    1.0.1-1       email filter component for Horde Framework

and apt-get insists that Kronolith2 is not available!!!

 From Horde site
     * Horde 3.0.9 (December 14 2005)
     * IMP H3 (4.0.4) (October 17 2005)
     * Turba H3 (2.0.5) (December 11 2005)
     * Ingo H3 (1.0.2) (October 13 2005)
     * Kronolith H3 (2.0.6) (December 11 2005)

If you all advise me to dump the debian install method and switch over
to the tarball, which is in my mind to do so, then I will??

The install layout for debian is very different from FreeBSD, so it has
me a little perplexed. The apache-ssl conf is running php4 fine but the
installation did NOT put any alias or links in from the /home/httpd/html
folder to /usr/share/horde3, so I made a symbolic link in
/home/httpd/html pointing to /usr/share/horde3, I could have created an
alias to go in the apache-ssl httpd.conf file instead, should I have?

Anyway when I call the website up with /horde3, up some of it comes, but
there are errors in frames, becasue I have not yet configured imp4 etc.

When I go to adminstration-->setup I get this:

Address Book (turba)
No version found in your configuration. Regenerate configuration.

Filters (ingo)
No version found in your configuration. Regenerate configuration.

Horde (horde)
No version found in your configuration. Regenerate configuration.

Mail (imp)
No version found in your configuration. Regenerate configuration.

So I click on Horde and get this error:-

Notice: Undefined index: enabled in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde.php on
line 51
A fatal error has occurred
You need the domxml PHP extension to use the configuration tool.

[line 25 of /usr/share/horde3/admin/setup/config.php]

Any ideas?/Help?

Dump debian packages and gofor tarball?

--
Mark Worsdall