[horde] IMAP users management through Horde Admin Pages

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Feb 13 04:16:49 PST 2006

Jo <jo at moka-works.com> rašė:

> Hello all
>
> I'm running Horde 3.0.9 IMP 4.0.4 and DBMail 1.2.11(Mysql 4.1.15) on an
> up to date debian testing box. I authenticate against DBMail via IMP
> and Authentification module is configured as a Mysql Driver. Things
> goes pretty well on this point and I can change create and modifiy
> users into the "users" table in DBMail.
>
> Since DBMail needs more than to add a record into his  "users" table to
> create a mailbox, I would like to know if one of you guys have eard
> about a way to manage users through the Horde Admin pages with a
> configuration like mine. According to me there is Two solution ; first
> run SQL query to the DBmail DB, second to run the DBmail shell client.
> But I have no idea of how to do this.
>
> Any idea?

I don't know about DBmail, but Cyrus SQL implementation in Horde/IMP
works just fine. It creates user in SQL database and also creates
mailbox with PHP's IMAP functions.

Take a look at cyrsql authentication driver. You should not find any
trouble modifing it to your needs if you'd need to.

--
   Best Regards,

   Vilius Šumskas
   LNK TV system administrator