[horde] Browser choice

Ed Form ed.form at workgroupsolutions.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 11:09:15 PST 2006

Patrice Levesque wrote:

> Opera has a kiosk mode, which is probably what you're looking for:
> http://www.opera.com/support/mastering/kiosk/

This advice turned out rather well actually. I now have the application
running in a window with only the widgets at the top right hand corner
that minimise, maximise, and shut the window. The trick is to turn off
everything that can be turned off in the appearance options and then
launch the browser with the command line...

"C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe" /kiosknormalscreen /nomenu /nopanel
https://servername/horde

There is one small drawback to Opera running in this mode; the toolbar
at the top of the horde screen doesn't float properly, so views with
lots of icons on the bar, and the 'My Calendars' drop-down list,
actually have some of the icons below the the toolbar. Choosing a
suitable colour scheme in the display properties means this isn't too
much of a problem, but it woould be good to know whether Opera itself is
defficient here, or whether the horde code could be massaged to take
account of this situation.

Ed Form