[horde] User template

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 25 22:34:32 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 00:43 -0500, Chris wrote:
> All the preferences that users might select, such as the layout of their
> horde portal, whether deleted emails are sent to trash or greyed out,
> what color scheme is used, how many messages are displayed in imp etc.
> Looking in the DB tables, it looked like all these user preferences were
> stored therein.
>
> Let's say all MSU users wanted a green and white theme with 50 emails
> displayed in their mail view, and all U of M users wanted a blue and
> yellow theme, with 25 messages displayed in their mailview, etc. I don't
> want to hand-edit all of these prefs for them. I want a quick way to set
> up each depending upon what University they attended.
>
> Is there a better way of doing this?
----
Horde already has themes - one theme choice will set up the colors.

I do have a crude system for a 'single' default user that I proposed to
horde developers and was rejected as not universally suited (I don't
dispute the judgment).

I can send you the tarball with instructions if you wish but this
concept only envisions a single 'default' user - though with some
imagination, you might be able to extend the number of default
users...if I recall correctly, themes could be part of this default_user
setup).

Craig