[horde] To: and From: formatting problem

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 1 08:08:01 PST 2006

Quoting Chris <bsd at 1command.com>:

>  From colmn, it shows To:<who I sent it to> *instesd* of who
> (me in this case) sent it. It *does* properly show who sent
> mail to me for all others who sent me eMail. It only shows incorrectly
> if the eMail was from myself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Everyone.  This is the intended behaviour.

If you are sending the mail, then presumably you know who it is from.
What good is a listing that shows lots of e-mail from yourself?  It is
generally much more informative to show who you sent the mail to than
to show only that you sent it.

This feature is particularly important/useful in the "sent-mail" type
folders, where all the mail is from you. :)

Doing this used to be a no-brainer.  Now that Horde/IMP allow multiple
identities, one could argue it might be nice to see which identity sent
the mails (i.e. show the From: address instead of the To: address).  This
would probably only be useful if you had a lot of identities and routinely
CC yourself though.  Someone might propose making this configurable for
that reason, though I still doubt the usefulness of showing the From: when
it is from yourself...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics