[horde] To: and From: formatting problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 1 09:17:14 PST 2006

Quoting Chris <bsd at 1command.com>:

> What I am trying to say, is that it places the To:
> (letter T, letter o *and* a colon) *as well* as my email address in the
>  From column. The previous version didn't do this. It shouldn't be permitted
> to place potential operators (#@!$%^&*()_-+=`~'"?/>.<,) in the From: or To:
> fields. Nor should they be sent or recieved. I'm sure that this is a
>  potential risk.

A risk of what? Your list of potential operators implies you think
there is some sort of shell-execution problem here? You can't mean
XSS, and we filter for that anyway. And I'm really not sure how you
think what's displayed in a column on a web page implies a shell
problem. So I think you're confused and spreading FUD. But perhaps you
can enlighten us all.

-chuck