[horde] Horde 3.0.4 from OpenBSD ports doesn't work!

Andreas Vögele voegelas at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 10:05:30 PST 2006

snoop at email.it wrote:

> Thank you very much, your tricks (creation of /etc/resolv.conf and
> /etc/hosts into web server chroot) solved the datatree db connection
> problem! But not work properly again. Now, every time I refresh the
> login page a very quick connection was established and dropped to the
>  postgresql server. [...] Maybe I must populate horde db or any other
> table by hand??

According to your first message the table user_account is used to manage
users:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('yuri at test.net');
[...]
$conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'user_account';
$conf['auth']['params']['username_field'] = 'username';
$conf['auth']['params']['password_field'] = 'password';
$conf['auth']['params']['encryption'] = 'crypt-blowfish';

Did you populate the table user_account? Is yuri at test.net a valid
account in this table?

I wouldn't try to use a custom table as long as you're not familiar with
Horde. If I were you I'd start with a fresh conf.php, log in as
Administrator and use SQL authentication with Horde defaults. After
saving your settings you must create an admin user so that you can log
in again. Use conf.php.bak to restore conf.php and try again if
something goes wrong.