[horde] General Login Issue

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Thu Mar 23 08:55:34 PST 2006

Two things

You need to select SQL as you authorization method in horde
and you need to run the script.initial_horde_user.sql
in horde/scripts/sql
to get the userid out in sql

Bill

Quoting Matthew Morvant <mmorvant at bigfatreddog.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed a new server and prepared it for horde.  I installed
> Horde in accordance with the WIKI (For FC4).  After installing I setup the
> databases using the sql scripts for each module.  Once setup I was able to
> get in and configure the application settings for all modules.  I never had
> to log in at first I just browsed to the site that I installed horde to and
> was let in.  I was (still am) having issues with my mail setup so I left the
> horde web site alone for a little while to see about it.  When I returned to
> check some of the settings I was now being prompted to login.  However
> nothing I try will let me in.  I checked the db and found one user "admin",
> I "think" the password is "admin" but am not sure (as it is hashed).  I
> tried that and didn't work.  I found another section that said the default
> Administrator pass was "mailadmin", but that didn't work either.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
>
> TIA

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
then delete it. Thank you.