[horde] Traduction doesn't work with Horde 3 ?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 27 08:19:28 PST 2006

Quoting pierre-louis at gingembre.org:

>> See the faq for some help on gettext() and system language support.
>> If you want any help, you'll need to specify OS, etc.

See http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=TRANSLATIONS.html

and also

http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Prerequisites?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin

Try the debugging steps there for debian.

> Apparently, my PHP has Gettext support (I verified this in my test.php
> page from Horde). I'm using Debian Sarge with php v4.3.10 with the
> different modules and Gettext :

Sounds good.  See the above links for the information on locales in
debian, and the debugging of problems with locales.

> Do I have to modify something about locales on my Debian ??? I already

You need to verify they are working correctly.

> searched on my clients (IE and Firefox) and they are in French by
> default.

Then you should see French by default, if the server is working correctly.

> My Debian talks to me in French when I upgrade packages, so I
> don't know what to do...

I don't use Debian, so I can't comment on that.

> The horde.mo is in the good place (horde/locale/.../horde.mo) and I
> select French language at the login prompt.

If your browser is set to French, and your Horde language is set to
French, it should work...

> Something strange... When I select French at the login prompt, the
> help topics are in French but not the rest of the interface...

The help text is actually in French.  The rest of the stuff is translated
via gettext().  So this is consistent with a broken gettext()/locale
on the server.

> Any idea ???

Try what is on the above web links...

--