[horde] lower/uppercase problems

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Apr 6 12:20:45 PDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Fabio Pedretti wrote:

> I have the same problem with the MySQL backend, for the personal
> Address Book. Also I have problem with kronolith: if not logged with
> lowercase, I can see events in the calendar, but I can't
> view/edit/delete them (also using MySQL backend).

I'm running an old IMP3 installation with the following hook:

----------------------------
$conf['hooks']['vinfo'] = 'imp_get_vinfo';

if (!function_exists('imp_get_vinfo')) {
         function imp_get_vinfo ($type = 'username') {
                 if ($type == 'username') {
                         return strtolower($_SESSION['imp']['user']);
                 } else {
                         return new PEAR_Error('invalid type: ' . $type);
                 }
         }
}

This lowercases the username always and avoids the problem you describe.
I'm sure this is a similar place you can do this in IMP4.

 	Andy