[horde] Metar Wheater

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Mon May 8 07:07:55 PDT 2006

Quoting Markus Braun <charmed21muc at hotmail.com>:

> when i made the command:
>
> php /usr/share/php/data/Services_Weather/buildMetarDB.php
>
> the output is this:
>
> Usage: buildMetarDB -l|-a [options]
>  -l              build locationsDB
>  -a              build airportsDB
>  -f <file>       use <file> as input
>  -s              save downloaded file to disk
>  -t <dbtype>     type of the DB to be used
>  -r <dbprotocol> protocol -----"----------
>  -d <dbname>     name ---------"----------
>  -u <dbuser>     user ---------"----------
>  -p <dbpass>     pass ---------"----------
>  -h <dbhost>     host ---------"----------
>  -o <dboptions>  options ------"----------
>                  in the notation option=value,...
>  -v              display verbose debugging messages
>                  multiple -v increases verbosity
>

> I thought that must create something.
>
> But there is no srcipt.sql.
>
> So this db create it himself?
> but which option must i choose?

My mistake; the "-l" was an argument to the script, not php, so your
command was correct. Did you edit the file to change the $dbName,
$dbUser, $dbPass, and other database values (or specify them on the
command line)?

It's been a long time since I've run the script, but as I remember it
should create the needed table(s) and add the values (assuming it has
permission in the database to do so). It doesn't create a script, but
affects the database directly.

Rick