[horde] Undefined index: socket error when logging in

Jason Rotunno jrotunno at swarthmore.edu
Thu May 11 08:48:37 PDT 2006

Hello,

I installed Horde 3.1.1 along with IMP H3 4.1 and Turba H3 2.1 about a
month or two ago to check it out and test it. Everything was working
fine until a couple of days ago. After I enter the username and
passsword when logging on the following error occurs:

Notice: Undefined index: socket in /usr/share/pear/DB/mysql.php on line 108

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_PORTABILITY_LOWERCASE - assumed
'DB_PORTABILITY_LOWERCASE' in
/var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php on line 397

Notice: Use of undefined constant DB_PORTABILITY_ERRORS - assumed
'DB_PORTABILITY_ERRORS' in /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php
on line 397

I read about Undefined index: socket errors occurring with Turba in the
Horde Admistrator's FAQ, but this isn't only specific to Turba; I can't
get into Horde at all.

A co-worker ran up2date on the machine before or about the time this
started happening, so that may have something to do with it, but I'm not
sure. The machine it's running on is Redhat AS 3, along with Apache 2.0,
PHP 4.3.2.

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions? If you need any other info --
software, config files, etc -- please let me know. I've been wrestling
with this for the past day or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason