[horde] Horde 3.2 Configuration :Issue launching Administrator

Femi Ayo-Yusuf ayoyusuf at Technocratit.com
Mon May 15 10:11:57 PDT 2006

All,

I need urgent assistance to finish up the Horde installation on a
windows platform.

I am currently unable to log in as administrator. Infact, when I open
http://localhost/horde/ I simply get the horde header, information
that I have never logged in(like I didn't know that)  and thats it.

I have read ALL the mailing list archives, hence tried all suggestions
given for similar issues, tried each of setting

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('','admin','Administrator');
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('<my network user name>');

non worked.

(Which page is the administration page? what is the URL? What do I
have to do to get it to work. Would appreciate a step by step guide).

I have carried out all instructions for the installation as stated in
the DOC\INSTALL file. : i.e
Installed PHP 4.4
Installed Horde and all its applications (Framework, Turba, IMP, ingo,
klutz e.t.c) ALL Via CVS download.
Copied all *.php.dist to *.php in all config folders
Set up an MS SQL database
I have successfully run the Horde Test page and indicates all is OK
and supported. I have followed every single line in the install file
and suggestions in List mails, but still no luck.

ISSUE: I launch horde and all I get is a page with the Administrator
link disabled. Hence, I cannot finish the Administrator setup as
indicated in the doc\INSTALL file. See attached file.

I have put in too much effort as I would like to run the very powerful
webbased HORDE opensource, versus the current Lotus Notes in my
organisation to enable me evaluate the strengths of each and make
recommendations. (need the users to also experience the 2).

Would appreciate a quick response as I have been on the setup for
days. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the developmental time. It is indeed a great product. I
just wonder, if its taking me so long to install, how long did it take
to develop all the useful but complex functionalities (especially in a
web based application?)

Best regards,
Tolu