[horde] LDAP login objectClass filter

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon May 22 04:05:00 PDT 2006

Quoting Dave Liefbroer <dave at openlab.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> I use LDAP authentication for Horde and have an LDAP adressbook. LDAP
>  authentication checks the mail field in LDAP records.
>
> If I have an adressbook entry for someone who's a user on my webmail,
>  he can't login because Horde auth finds the adressbook entry instead
>  of the user entry.

Assuming that you have a unique opjectClass for your users you just
need to define it in conf.php through the admin -> setup ->
Authentication tab where it asks for:
     The objectclass filter used to search for users.
     Can be a single objectclass or a list.
and add the objectClass or objectClasses.  I have
     CourierMailAccount
for example.
and in your conf.php you will then see something like:
$conf['auth']['params']['objectclass'] = array('CourierMailAccount');

Hope this helps,

ed