[horde] Apache/Horde unresponsive

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed May 24 07:02:24 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 03:40, Toomas Aas wrote:
>It seems that there is one more thing you could check, which you
> haven't checked yet :) Configure Apache's server-status handler and
> try to have a look at status information when the problem occurs.
> This may give you some idea what all those 128 clients are doing.

Thanks for the hint. I'd never enabled server-status before. Hopefully
i'll be able to get some extra information the next time the problem
happens.

>Also, have you looked at logs of other services "behind" Apache, such
> as your IMAP server and your preferences container (PostgreSQL, I
> understand). Maybe there's some problem there which causes the Horde
> services to slow down, making lots of clients "wait" at Apache, where
> they gather until the MaxClients limit is reached.

PostgreSQL constantly (several entries per minute when the server is
being accessed) logs entries like this:
    unexpected EOF on client connection
Is that normal behavior for Horde? Is anyone else using PostgreSQL
seeing this? If not, any hints as to what i may have misconfigured?